Thursday, September 25, 2008

Project Direction - 1 (Globalization)

As an MBA student, I'm very interested in the area of Globalization and its effects on the business and economics. This is an area that was not taught in business schools as recently as a decade ago, and has only lately become a required course in many MBA curricula, including San Jose State University (the class is "Global Business Environment"). I consider myself well-read in the area having followed the news for the past few years on how the businesses in the USA and especially Asia have been impacted by the global free market.

This is related to the field of Organizational Communication because Organizations are no more limited by geographical barriers. I've used audio and video conferencing with my colleagues in Germany and other parts of the world. I've interacted with teams in other companies located on the other side of the globe - I dial into the meeting at 6am California time they attend the same meeting at 10pm local time!

No comments: